Groundforce’s executive president was removed from office this Monday at a board meeting and will be replaced by Alfredo Casimiro.
According to a statement issued by the company, cited by the newspaper Público, Paulo Neto Leite was relieved of his position following “a set of situations that configured a serious breach of loyalty duties“.
“Following the events of the last few weeks, and given the total breach of confidence of the chairman of the board of directors, Paulo Neto Leite leaves today [esta segunda-feira] to occupy the position of CEO of Groundforce “, refers the note, in which it is added that” the decision was taken by unanimous decision, in a meeting of the board of directors “.
The shareholders “understood that confidence in the CEO so far was wounded to death and that he is not in a position to conduct the company’s social business or to get involved in the search for sustainable solutions for Groundforce ”.
According to the same daily, Paulo Neto Leite will be replaced by the majority shareholder of the handling, Alfredo Casimiro, who will assume these functions simultaneously with the position of chairman of the board of directors.
The statement does not mention the specific situations that led to this decision, but, according to the weekly Expresso, Neto Leite, who has been executive president of Groundforce since 2017, is one of the candidates for the purchase Pasogal, Casimiro’s participation in Groundforce (50.1%) and will have already formalized this intention with TAP and the State. The businessman considered this advance “a betrayal”.
Paulo Neto Leite “no longer holds the position of president of Groundforce’s executive committee”, but remains a non-executive director, a position to which he was appointed until December this year.
The now ex-CEO claims, in turn, that he has fulfilled his role and has done everything to defend the company and workers.
“I fulfilled my role in this process, always in accordance with fiduciary duty and always, at all times, guided by my principles and my conscience. I don’t know how to be different in life, ”said the manager in a note to workers, quoted by the weekly.
“At all times, I am prepared to bear the consequences of my decisions (…). So, fulfilling my duty and my word, on March 19, I made the possible decision that would allow the payment of workers’ wages, thus protecting the company and defending its employees. stakeholders“, He said.
“From that moment on, I continued to focus on the one thing that worried me at that moment: ensure the continuity of the company, with the solution that allowed to inject liquidity through the guarantee of the State to a bank loan. ”
“It is a time to ensure that we are prepared for the future and to guarantee the sustainability of our company. That is why I will continue to fight every day, as I have done so far, now in another role ”, he continued.
In addition to Neto Leite, Expresso says that the Belgian Aviaptarners and the Scottish Menzis are also in the race. The situation will be untied by the bank Montepio, which has already advanced with the pledge on Pasogal’s shares.