Have you ever imagined a game of soccer with two 30-minute strokes or with unlimited substitutions? These changes are being tested in the Future of Football Cup, under-19 competition played in the Netherlands. Despite not officially supporting the tournament, the Fifa is looking at the impact of these changes on matches, on the bet to change the rules and revolutionize the sport.
Altogether there are four changes, which can be implemented in the main world championships, including in Brazil.
According to the Spanish sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo, FIFA will assess how the tests went and may make a formal request to the International Board, the body that sets the rules of the game around the world.
Check out the four rules under test that will be evaluated by FIFA:
- Two 30-minute halves instead of the 45-minute two halves. In this new rule, however, the clock is stopped whenever the game is stopped, such as a foul, touch-in, goal kick or corner kick;
- Side charged with your feet and for yourself. The player does not need to pass to a teammate on these set pieces. Just stop the ball at the place of the infraction or in the corner and start playing alone;
- Yellow cards have an extra penalty. The player who receives the yellow card will have to be out for 5 minutes, leaving the team with one less athlete in that period. It can return normally after that time;
- Unlimited replacements. A player who is substituted can return later, just like in basketball, for example. And the coach can change players as many times as he wants.
Due to the pandemic, the substitution rule was provisionally changed. Today, teams can make up to five changes during the match, previously there were only three.
The changes aim to increase the intensity of matches with more time on the ball and fewer stoppages. In the match broadcast entre PSV e Club Brugge, held on Thursday 15, you can see the news in a few minutes.
- Stay on top of the main news from Brazil and the world. Sign the EXAM.