Prime Video released this Thursday (29) the list with its main releases for August. The relationship includes the long-awaited second season premiere of Modern Love, one of the Amazon service hits in 2019, and Nine Unknowns, a new drama miniseries starring Nicole Kidman.
The month of August also has the debut of Cruel Summer, a new teen series that involves mysteries, murders and teenagers with hormones on the rise. For anime fans, the classic Evangelion-inspired movie franchise comes complete on Prime Video.
A series that earned an Emmy Best Actor Award for Rami Malek (Bohemian Rhapsody), Mr. Robot returns to the platform with the premiere of the fourth and final season. In the film category, the Isolated thrillers: Fear Invisible (2020) and Safer at Home complete the list.
Check out the list of Prime Video’s August releases:
- Cruel Summer (1st season, 6th): The plot takes place over three summers in the 1990s, when a pretty, popular teenager disappears, and a seemingly unrelated girl turns from sweet and a little weird to the most popular girl in town, eventually becoming the most popular person. despised in the United States. Each episode is told from alternate points of view.
- Val (day 6): Documentary about star Val Kilmer, from films such as Batman: Forever (1995) and Top Gun: Aces Indomáveis (1986). The film reveals a life of extremes and an affectionate look at what it means to be an artist, with behind-the-scenes images of his personal life and career.
- Modern Love (2nd season, 13th): The second season of the series, with eight episodes, brings a collection of stories about relationships, connections, betrayals and revelations.
- EVANGELION:3.0+1.01 THRICE UPON A TIME (dia 13): Misato and the anti-NERV group, Wille, arrive in Paris, a red city due to the nuclei. The crew of the Wunder ship lands in a containment tower. They have 720 seconds to restore the city. When NERV EVAs appear, Mari must intercept them with her new unit 8. Meanwhile, Shinji, Asuka and Rei (provisional) roam Japan.
- EVANGELION:1.11 You are (not) Alone (day 13): Marked by Second Impact, Tokyo III is attacked by the Fourth Angel, and the fate of humanity rests in the hands of the NERV Government Special Agency. Young Shinji Ikari is forced to pilot EVA-01. He and Rei Ayanami, pilot of EVA-00, have to fight, but the Sixth Angel damages EVA-01. Misato Katsuragi plans to focus all of Japan’s electricity on the EVA-01 positron cannon to defeat the Angel.
- EVANGELION:2.22 You (No) Can Advance (13th): Mari pilots Interim Unit-05 to defeat the Third Angel. Asuka Langley-Shikinami and EVA-02 defeat the Seventh Angel. The Eighth Angel appears and attacks NERV headquarters. The EVA-03, still in testing, is taken by the Ninth Angel and Shinji fights to stop him, but discovers that Asuka is on board. Gendoh switches the controls from EVA-01 to the Dummy System and begins fighting EVA-03.
- EVANGELION:3.33 You Can (not) Redo (dia 13): Shinji wakes up after 14 years aboard the AAA Wunder, which belongs to an anti-NERV organization founded by former NERV members. He hears Rei’s voice coming from EVA Mark.09, sent to rescue him, and leaves Wunder for NERV. Kaworu Nagisa shows a transformed land. He discovers that saving Rei triggered Near Third Impact, which caused the catastrophic damage to Earth.
- Angry Birds 2 – O Filme (dia 15): After saving Bird Island from an all-out invasion of green pigs in Angry Birds (2016), the island’s always grumpy local hero, Red, still finds himself in battle with Pig Island. While the mischief war between pigs and birds is intensifying, huge ice projectiles from Eagle Island of the feathered tyrant Zeta threaten the safety of both paradises.
- Nine Unknowns (20th): The plot takes place at a luxury health and wellness resort that promises healing and transformation, where nine stressed-out city dwellers try to find a path to a better life. Looking after them for ten days is the resort’s director, Masha (Nicole Kidman), a woman with a mission to refresh their tired bodies and minds. But there are mysteries in her and in this supposed paradise.
- Isolated – Invisible Fear (20th): In the year 2022, a pandemic devastates the world and its cities. A handful of people navigate the obstacles that hamper society: disease, martial law, quarantine and vigilantes.
- Safer at Home (dia 20): Two years after the start of the pandemic, a group of friends throw a wild online party. After taking ecstasy, things go terribly wrong, and the security of their homes becomes more dire than the chaos of the outside world;
- Kevin Can F*** Himself (1ª temporada, dia 27): The plot follows the story of Allison McRoberts (Annie Murphy), a typical sitcom wife. While taking care of the house, children and husband, she is also the center of his jokes and constantly underestimated. However, when she begins to perceive and understand her desires, Allison decides to break the thread of reality between a TV comedy and real life to take control of her own life;
- Mr Robot (4ª temporada, he 29): Elliot, a brilliant but highly unstable young cybersecurity engineer and vigilante hacker, becomes a key figure in a complex game of global dominance when he and his shadowy allies attempt to bring down the corrupt corporation he works for.