To sign the player, who was without a club after terminating with İstanbul Başakşehir, from Turkey, Timão needed to debunk the proposals of Internacional and Grêmio, teams that had already counted on the owner’s football.
O Corinthians announced this Friday morning, 16, the midfielder Giuliano as the first reinforcement of the season. To sign the player, who was without a club after terminating with İstanbul Başakşehir, from Turkey, Timon needed to win International e Guild, teams that have already counted on the owner’s football. In a statement, the board confirmed that the athlete’s relationship with the club is valid until the end of 2023. “I’ve already said that Corinthians was making a sacrifice to acquire players with criteria and without madness. That day has arrived! Today, our administration is happy to fulfill the first promise: welcome, Giuliano”, said the president Duílio Monteiro Alves, through your Twitter account.
For Başakşehir, Giuliano played 32 games and scored three goals. Since mid-2016, he has worked abroad, when he was sold by Grêmio to Zenit, in Russia. Since then, he has played for some clubs, such as Al Nassr, from Saudi Arabia, Fenerbahçe, from Turkey, Zenit, from Russia, and Dnipro, from Ukraine, on his trips abroad. “I’m very happy with the arrangement and excited about my new club. I thank Corinthians for their confidence and let’s go together in this new challenge. Thank you very much, loyal fans, for all the messages of support I’ve been receiving”, commented the 31-year-old player, who has a CV on his resume. Copa Libertadores da America with the International and 14 games for the Brazilian Team.