And the “red” nightmare continues. On this Sunday’s visit to the São Luís Stadium, in Faro, Benfica did not get more than a 0-0 draw against Farense.
With this result, and after 20 rounds of the championship, the “eagles” are already 15 points from the leader and rival Sporting. And even the fight for a place in the Champions League starts to get further. Is it impossible to be “tekirise?”.
In turn, algarvios have three consecutive games without losing (one win and two draws) and for the first time in the competition they suffered no goals.
The game explained in numbers
- In the Algarve, and in relation to the tie in Guimarães (2-2), Bura, Fábio Nunes and Licá held, while Alex Pinto (suspended), Abner Filipe and Mansilla (both by choice) were the main absences. Highlight yet for Tomás Tavares which, being part of Benfica’s staff, was not an option.
- More changes promoted by Jorge Jesus, the “eagles” returned to 1x4x4x2 and still in relation to the clash in Rome against Arsenal (1-1) they left the team Diogo Gonçalves, Lucas Veríssimo, Grimaldo, Weigl (to be suspended), Pizzi and Luca Waldschmidt and entered Gilberto, Nuno Tavares, Gabriel, Rafa, Everton e Seferovic.
- At minute eight, in the first shot of the match, Darwin Nunez he was inches from opening the count. In response, five minutes later, Lucca isolated Pedro Henrique that face-to-face with Helton Leite, saw the goalkeeper block the path to 1-0. And at 19, Defendi lived up to his nickname and caught Everton’s shot. In addition to these dangerous situations, the meeting was taking place at a good pace, with a slight upward movement for the Algarvians.
- In a well designed attack, Nuno Tavares centered with precision and Darwin, in the area of the first post, could not find the path of the goal and, shortly after, the Uruguayan took another chance, but again missed the target. The outsiders have already accumulated six attempts (only one framed) to aim at the target, given the hosts’ two shots.
- With the passing of the minutes, the “red” ascendant was making himself felt, despite this, Farense was managing to withstand the pressure and watched the counterattack whenever he could.
- Everton stood out in the ratings, with 6.7. The extreme hoarded a framed shot, two passes for finishing, two valuable passes, 21 actions with the ball and was effective in the two dribbles he performed.
- Benfica attacked, attacked (eight shots and 68% possession), but the one who almost scored was Farense. Num backlash, Lucca found Licá, who still put the ball inside the goal, but after warning from VAR, referee Hugo Miguel canceled the offside move of the Portuguese striker, who was 15 cm ahead until the final whistle, Everton e Ryan Gauld they were just a short distance from the goal.
- At halftime, busy duel and with several occasions danger to both sides.
- Benfica tried to build and Farense fired in fast moves, the truth is that sometimes due to the inefficiency of the more advanced men, sometimes due to the merit of the goalkeepers, there was a 0-0 draw after the first 47 minutes.
- Everton was the best player at this stage. The Brazilian international appeared more on the scene, compared to the last exhibitions he signed, and this protagonism was seen in the two shots who has, two passes for finishing, five valuable passes, seven vertical progressive passes and in 35 actions with the ball. For all this it had a GoalPoint Rating of 6.2.
- Upon game time, Rafa again limped in the face of the goal and allowed another Defendi intervention. At 70 minutes, Lace, who had entered minutes before Gabriel’s place, shot at the post and, at 73, Seferovic failed to hit the goal. Of the 14 Benfica shots, only two were included. The hosts had five attempts (one was on target).
- Gauld, always enlightened, took danger to the opposite goal close to the 77 minutes, when he shot hard and saw Helton Leite, with his fingertips, defend for a corner. It was the Scotsman’s second shot at the match. And a few moments later, in a succession of several moves, Farense returned to show signs of life in offensive terms.
- There are already five out-of-doors matches in the Liga NOS in which the team Jorge Jesus does not know what it is to win, when he sinned again in the moments of definition and this was the third consecutive draw. The algarvians haven’t won in their stronghold for four matches gust, but they added an important point in the fight for the permanence.
The best in the field GoalPoint
Again holder, Helton Leite seems to be getting the better of in the fight with Vlachodimos for a spot on the goal. Tonight, the former guard of Boavista shouted present whenever he was called to action.
From your data, to highlight the three defenses that stamped, two of which from outside the area, and three effective exits from the goal through the ground. Reviewing three losses of possession and poor ball control. Helton registered a GoalPoint Rating of 6.8.
- Taarabt 6.4 – Not satisfied, the Moroccan was once again one of Benfica’s most important elements. He tried to take the game and, even with the usual bad decisions – three failed risk passes and 17 loss of possession – he never hid. He was responsible for a shot, two crosses, 86 actions with the ball (maximum in the match against Rafa), ten recoveries and three tackles.
- Amine 6.4 – In the image of the team, he did not give a bid for lost and was an important pendulum in the balance he gave to the Algarve. The midfielder stood out with seven recoveries and five interceptions (highest number in the match).
- Otamendi 6.3 – The 66th minute elapsed when the Argentine made a crucial cut over Madi Queta, who was already preparing to cross with three Farense players in the waiting area. It was the central player’s most important action, which again demonstrated that he is going through a good moment, as evidenced by the six long passes he hit in ten, the 14 correct progressive passes, also winning the four defensive aerial duels in which he intervened and the six reliefs you made.
- Everton 6.2 – Were it not for the time you lose in adorning the moves and you could have even had a higher score – 14 losses of possession and three bad controls. Even so, he was more “loose” and participated more in the team’s actions (two shots, six valuable passes, three right dribbles in four attempts).
- Rafael Defendi 5.9 – Concentrated and with ample reflexes, the experienced guardian was a key player in this null of the Algarve, the two defenses, both with a high degree of difficulty, were an example of this.
- Darwin Nunez 5.5 – He left the game frustrated, in another game that did not work. Always available, he ends up dispensing energy in constant exits from the area and when he has to decide with a pass or shot, he constantly fails due to lack of judgment. In all, there were three attempts to aim at the target, all of which were unsuccessful, and seven failed passes in 18 feats.