Tuesday, March 2, 2021

“I don’t want anything, nor money.” Villas-Boas resigns from Marseille

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp
Telegram

Must Read

(dr) OM

The Portuguese André Villas-Boas announced this Tuesday that he had resigned from his position as coach of Marseille, for disagreeing with the sports policy of the management of the club of the French league.

“I don’t want anything from Marseille or money. I just want to leave, ”said the Portuguese coach, in a press conference, guaranteeing that he is waiting for a response from the management, with which he admitted having had a disagreement in the transfer window, whose period ended this Monday.

André Villas-Boas, who joined the French club at the start of the 2019/20 season, said he was against the arrival of French midfielder Olivier Ntacham, borrowed by Scots from Celtic, and admitted to having known “at the last minute” from the departure of winger Nemanja Radonjic to Hertha Berlin.

“My professionalism was touched and I cannot accept it”, said the coach, who on Friday admitted the possibility of leaving the club at the end of the season, guaranteeing, however, that he is willing to continue until the management accepts his request.

The technician claimed to respect the contract to which he is bound and said he was “totally focused ”in the meeting with Lens, of the 23rd round of the French league, scheduled for Wednesday.

Last week, the Portuguese coach had already admitted leaving Marseille’s technical command at the end of the season. “Will it end in June? I think so”, André Villas-Boas, 43, said when asked whether or not to continue in Marseille during the press conference to preview Marseille’s reception to Rennes for the French league.

Marseille live in a complicated sporting situation, with three consecutive defeats in the French league, occupying the ninth position of the table, 16 points from the leader Lille, although with two games less.

On Saturday, dozens of supporters, 25 of whom ended up in detention, stormed the club’s training center to protest the club’s management, notably President Jacques-Henri Eyraud.

The newspaper Provence, who published a video with a tree burning at the door of the complex, describes a scene with several firing or firing pyrotechnic devices, with L’Équipe explaining that the invasion was premeditated.

The invasion of the Commanderie, the name given to the training center of the Marseilles, prompted the French football league to postpone the reception for Rennes, scheduled for that day.

Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
WhatsApp
Telegram

Latest News

BBB21: Caio and Fiuk are surprised by Carla Diaz’s falsehood

In Big Brother Brasil 21, Caio Afiune and Fiuk were surprised by the falsity of Carla Diaz. This...

More Articles Like This

"I don't want anything, nor money."  Villas-Boas resigns from Marseille