If the opening of Olympics got you excited for the games in Tokyo, it is not necessary to wait for a match to see the athletes.
O Google announced in May that its augmented reality feature would allow you to watch some sportsmen in 3D — and they might even appear in the user’s environment.
The augmented reality of the company of Sundar Pichai it’s not new. The tool has a catalog with more than 50 animals available in 3D versions, for viewing, taking photos or recording videos. Even Baby Yoda already has an RA version on Google.
The feature is only available for smartphones. For now, only a few athletes can be seen in 3D, but the company is expected to release more during the Olympic Games.
Athletes that can be seen in 3D:
- Letícia Bufoni, Brazilian skateboarder known as “Princess of Skate”;
- Naomi Osaka, Japanese tennis player;
- Megan Rapinoe, football athlete in the USA;
- Simone Biles, American of artistic gymnastics;
- Caeleb Dressel, swimmer from the USA;
How to see athletes in 3D on Google:
- Sign in to Google app or browser with a device Android Where iOS and search for the name of any of the athletes above;
- After the search, you need to scroll down a little the navigation bar and click on the “View in 3D” button;
- The athlete should appear with a white background and with the option “See in your space” underneath, which must be clicked for the camera to open. The user can choose between some actions of the athlete;
- Once the camera view appears, the device will ask the device to be moved so that the camera identifies the ground;
- The athlete must appear shortly after identification. The user can move and rotate the character at will, positioning him for the perfect shot. Have a good time!