the giant Hauwei announced on Thursday, 29, at the time it still faces sanctions applied by the US government, the new smartphones Huawei P50 and P50 Pro, the Chinese manufacturer’s new premium high-end.
The world is more complex, but you can start with the basics. See how, in the Investor’s Manual
Highlighted in the cameras, the device is equipped with a 13 MP front sensor and four rear cameras with a 50 MP main sensor, 40 MP monochrome, 13 MP ultrawide and 64 MP telephoto periscope, with 3.5x optical zoom.
However, none of the new models support 5G mobile networks as they are shipped with a Qualcomm 4G chipset. It is a sign that Hauwei has developed the model as far as it can go, as trade restrictions imposed by the government of former US President Donald Trump continue to impact the company.
Last year, Washington introduced a rule requiring foreign manufacturers using US technology to obtain a license to sell semiconductors to Huawei. At the time, Richard Yu, CEO of the group responsible for Huawei’s sales, warned that the company could be without its own high-end Kirin chips, which are manufactured by Taiwanese company TSMC. Now, the scenario has materialized on your main smartphone.
“Huawei is a global leader in 5G technology and communication technology,” said Yu. “Because of four rounds of US restrictions over the past two years or so, 5G phones are beyond our reach and we have to opt for 4G.”
The Huawei P50 starts at $695, while the P50 Pro starts at $927. There are no sales forecasts in the Brazilian market
Both P50 phones come with Huawei’s new operating system, HarmonyOS, which the company introduced in response to Google’s decision to no longer license Android, in favor of the US government’s decision.
Huawei P50 Pro: data sheet
- Display: 6.6-inch OLED, with Full HD+ resolution of 2700 x 1228 pixels, 10-bit, 120 Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (4G) and HiSilicon Kirin 9000 (5G)
- RAM memory: 8GB or 12GB
- Internal storage: 128GB, 256GB or 512GB
- Rear camera: 50 MP (Main, f/1.8) + 40 MP (Monochrome, f/1.6) + 13 MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 64 MP (Periscope telephoto, f/3.5, 3.5x optical zoom)
- Front camera: 13 MP (f/2.4)
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 72.8 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Battery: 4,360 mAh with support for 66W fast charging and 50W wireless recharge
- Extras: Bluetooth 5.2, on-screen fingerprint reader, WiFi 6, NFC, infrared sensor, stereo audio
- Operating system: HarmonyOS 2.0