The property that Irakli Gharibashvili has indicated in the current declaration is different from the property that he indicated in the declaration filled out during the previous Prime Minister. New cars, new land and more cash in the account – this is the difference that is reflected in the documents.
In 2013, he completed the declaration on December 27, one month after his appointment as Prime Minister. At this time he owned:
- Three apartments in Tbilisi: Saburtalo, Gagarin Street, 122 sq.m. Bought an apartment for 100 thousand GEL in 2009; Two apartments on Mosashvili Street in Vake, total 329 sq.m. Size 406 thousand GEL. He also owns 2 non-residential premises bought on Mosashvili Street in Tbilisi in 2011 (price of 49 sq.m. – 26.7 thousand GEL); Garage on Gagarin Street (16 sq.m. 2009, price – 10 thousand GEL);
- Mercedes Benz (price and time of purchase are not indicated in the declaration) car released in 2009;
- Cash – 10 thousand GEL;
- The property was not registered in the name of his wife, Nunuka Tamazashvili.
According to the data published on the website of the Ministry of Defense, Irakli Gharibashvili is not working anywhere from December 2015 to February 2018 (more than 2 years), and from February 12, 2018 to September 1, 2019 he is an employee of the Euro-Asian Management Group Ltd. While working in this company (about 1.6 years), his total income is almost 411 thousand GEL, according to him. Gharibashvili will return to the Cabinet of Ministers in September 2019 – if his monthly salary in a private company was more than 30 thousand GEL, he will continue working in the public service for 5 times less, 6.4 thousand GEL.
He completed the last declaration on October 30, 2020. He will not have to re-fill the declaration after being elected to a new position. According to the Civil Service Law, despite the transfer to the position, the renewal of property data is mandatory only after 1 year.
According to the last declaration:
- He bought in 2019 the same year (AUDI A8), which cost 75.6 euros;
- His wife, Nunuka Tamazashvili, bought 1,530 sq.m. in 2019. A large plot of land in Bakuriani, near Tsekavshiri;
- In addition, in 2018 he bought a car (RANGE ROVER VELAR) produced in the same year for 46 thousand euros;
- Gharibashvili no longer owns a 2009 Mercedes Benz;
- Their savings, in the form of cash, quadrupled to 40 thousand GEL.
According to the investigation of Radio Liberty, the total price of Irakli Gharibashvili wrist watches probably exceeds half a million GEL. He and his wife spent 8 hours at different times, the price of each ranging from 18 to 300 thousand GEL.
Gharibashvili filled in the declaration 6 times, but the information about the watches was not included in any of them. By law, a public servant must include in the declaration information about all the items worth more than 10 thousand GEL. The declaration must include information about all the gifts worth more than 500 GEL.
RFE / RL asked Gharibashvili about these undeclared hours, but he left unanswered.
Regardless of Gharibashvili’s position, he will have to fill out a new declaration in October 2021.