There are two lines of investigation to find out how the money that came from the federal government to treat patients was diverted in the city
After search and seizure warrants carried out on Wednesday, 21, the delegate of repression to corruption Fabricio Alonso Martinez said that the next step is to study the data collected to find the path of the money, discover and hold the corrupt ones accountable. There are two lines of investigation to find out how the money that came from the federal government to treat patients was diverted in the city of Guarulhos, which is close to the capital São Paulo. 23 search and seizure warrants were carried out in the state, in Minas Gerais and Mato Grosso do Sul. operations Florence and Covil-19 were triggered at the same time because there were common targets.
“Both operations were aimed at combating the diversion of public resources from a large part of federal funds to fight the pandemic of the Covid-19.” The investigation began after the Federal Court of Auditors identified suspected irregularities involving the hiring of private companies to provide services to the Guarulhos Campaign Hospital, right at the beginning of the pandemic, in March of last year. According to the documents, R$ 53 million were used for contracts that involved everything from assembling the structure of the hospital to the provision of medical services. According to the police, most of the amount went to a small business in Minas Gerais that could not afford the contract. The Department of Health of Guarulhos says that the contracts followed the law.
*With information from reporter Camila Yunes