The court shocked Sheikh Ahmed Al-Fahd and sentenced him to imprisonment in the “coup plot” case | A homeland tweeting outside the flock

18

Today, Friday, a Swiss criminal court in Geneva issued a verdict, convicting Kuwaiti Sheikh Ahmed Al-Fahd Al-Sabah and 4 others in the case of falsifying the Kuwait arbitration complaint.

This comes after 10 days of pleadings, where the Swiss Liman TV reporter reported that Sheikh Ahmed Al-Fahd was convicted of 30 months in prison, 14 of which are valid.

Ahmed Al-Fahad

In his first comment on his sentence, Ahmed Al-Fahd said he would appeal his prison sentence during a trial over whether he used a fake coup plot in Kuwait to gain advantage over political opponents, Reuters reported.

Speaking to reporters, Al-Fahd added, “I believe in my innocence.”

counterfeiting case

The forgery case had caused a split within the Kuwaiti ruling family and prompted Sheikh Ahmed, 58, to withdraw from some of his public sporting roles, including membership in the International Olympic Committee.

The case of criminal fraud was opened in Switzerland, because one of Sheikh Ahmed’s accusers was a Geneva lawyer who was working on his behalf at the time of the alleged coup plot.

Sheikh Ahmed Al-Fahd Al-Sabah

Sheikh Ahmed Al-Fahd Al-Sabah, a former OPEC secretary general and a prominent member of the ruling family, is one of five defendants in the trial that began on August 30.

Sheikh Ahmed denied all the charges and his lawyers asked the Geneva court to acquit their client and refused to make further statements. The accused have the right to appeal if convictions are issued against them.

A “coup plot” in Kuwait

The case centers around videos allegedly showing former Prime Minister Sheikh Nasser Al-Mohammed and former Parliament Speaker Jassem Al-Kharafi plotting to overthrow the then Emir of Kuwait.

Prosecutors say Sheikh Ahmed was aware that the videos, which he showed Kuwaiti authorities, were fake.

Read also: There are 17 Prime Time Zone involved .. The Public Prosecution Office in Kuwait is investigating Sheikh Ahmed Al-Fahd in this case

The indictment stated that “(Sheikh Ahmed) acted with the aim of improving his position illegally, that is, to prove that the videos that were handed over to the Kuwaiti authorities were true.”

Sheikh Ahmed told the court last week that he submitted the videos to the Kuwaiti authorities, believing at the time to be authentic.

In 2015, in a statement broadcast by Kuwait TV, he publicly apologized to the Emir of the country, Sheikh Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Kharafi and their families for his role in the case, saying that he thought the videos were real and credible.

Follow our YouTube channel to see all the new

Click here and hit the subscribe button