Edson Aparecido was interviewed by the program ‘Jornal da Manhã’ this Sunday, 18; he reinforced commitment to give first dose to all people aged 18 and over by August
The Health Secretary of Sao Paulo, Edson Aparecido, spoke with the Morning newspaper, gives Young pan, this Sunday, 18th, about the advance of the vaccine scheme in the capital, which begins to immunize those who are 34 from this Monday, 19th, the population with 33 on Tuesday, 20, and with 32 on Wednesday , 21. On Thursday, 22, those aged 31 will be immunized and on Friday, 23, those who are 30 years old. So far, 8.6 million doses have been applied. “We are now at a very important pace for us to be able to vaccinate by the 20th of August all people over 18 here in the city of São Paulo,” he said. The secretary cited the guarantee of the supply of vaccines by the National Immunization Plan and the anticipation of some doses for municipalities and even for the capital by the State Health Department as responsible for strict compliance with the calendar of vaccinees in the last 15 days.
Aparecido recalled the importance of taking the second dose of the vaccine to guarantee immunization and recalled that the city had an active search to look for people inside their homes. “We have taken up a rhythm in the application of the second dose that will allow us, until the end of November, beginning of December, to apply the second dose to the entire population of the city”, he estimated. The secretary recalled the importance of vaccination regardless of the brand of the immunizing agent, since all those applied in São Paulo have scientific proof attested and are approved by the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa), and said that mass vaccination was responsible for the reduction of people in the ICUs and advancement of the reopening of points such as Avenida Paulista.
Check out the “Jornal da Manhã” this Sunday, the 18th, in full: